Sunday, April 6, 2008

Lambing It Large!!!

This week has been busy, we have had 75 people through the door and our latest marketing campaign has started to work!!

We have had 10,000 leaflets published promoting the Acorn Gallery on one side and Pocklington on the reverse. After brow beating the kids into helping deliver them we got our first customer in on Saturday! Well I suppose I should give the kids some pocket money for their efforts!!

We also had a very nice family in from Norfolk this week (hello to Rob, Michelle & the boys) who after much discussion and thought bought 6 pieces from me to which I say a big THANKYOU. I hope you enjoy them and I hope to see you all again next year!!!

Today Diane & I and the kids went to visit our friends who have a small holding consisting of cows, chickens and baby lambs. Diane and my daughter throughly enjoyed themselves holding and feeding the lambs and Diane was in her element taking 90 photo's! My daughter has suddenly re-owned me with a "daddy if you love me..." she only wanted me to bring two home!! I have to point out that we do not own two baby lambs so I am dis-owned again, it's not easy being a parent!!

We finished our day off with a very nice lunch at The Tanglewood on the A64 which is between Malton and York. Whilst I sit here typing this the snow is begining to fall and the house is in silence except for Sampson (the dog) snoring!!

2 comments:

Richard said...

High John,

lovely to hear that it's still going well.
I have to admit Molly and I are part of the group you mentioned in a previous post about looking in and walking by. Promise I'll stop by and say hello soon!

What were the leaflet?
Were they to go out in Pocklington or further afield?

Good fortune for April.
Richard

The Acorn Gallery said...

Hi Richard,

It would be nice to meet you and Molly, so please do call in and say hello. The leaflets are to be distributed further afield to try and attract people from Hull, Beverley, Goole etc into the gallery and Pocklington. I hope April continues in the same vain as March. Best Regards John