Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Acorn Grows A Little Bit More....

Well a lot has happened since my last entry. We have put in more wall space in the gallery downstairs in the shape of moveable walls. Thanks goes to my brother-in-law Ian for his ability to make sense of the description of what we wanted and to his skills as a craftman to produce the finished item!!! Diane and I are really pleased with the new wall space. It has allowed us to display an additional 12 images giving us a grand total of 26 artists represented! I hope people notice the change! Before you ask we are still planning the upstairs and hope to start soon on making it into more gallery space.

My feet have been really hurting since my last entry as I have delivered 700 leaflets to various villages and I hope that they will attract people to come to Pocklington and of course to the gallery. Why go to Hull or York when Pocklington has such a range of different shops to explore and of course its greatest asset is the FREE PARKING!!!!

I am also able to update our top sellers. Sorry Peter but Alex has gained top spot once again. Well done Alex!!

Alexander Millar
Peter Smith
Mackenzie Thorpe
Pele

Tied for 5th spot is Paul Horton & John Waterhouse with 6th spot tied between Caroline Shotton, Sarah Jane Szikora & Peter Hildick.

Diane & I are busy at the moment trying to work out which artists to have as preview events and also which artists to request for an appearance. We hope to be able to bring you news on this very soon and hope that when the invites are sent out that people will turn up in their thousands!!! (I wish we had that many names on the database). There will of course be bubbly and nibbles and I may even get my daughter and her friends to provide live music!!!

No comments: