Friday, August 1, 2008

Yorkshire Day

Well, today is Yorkshire Day and the start of the Acorn Gallery sale! It's been a busy day with a few sales too - which is superb!!

Just to update you Bob Dylan was the top seller for July. Peter and Kevin couldn't over take him and with only two pieces left of Bob's he can not be top seller for August.

The current leader after only one day is Peter Smith who has stormed off into the lead and thats before his new releases arrive in the gallery. Early days but Peter could take the top spot for the month of August. I will keep you updated!!

Today also heralded the return of my daughter from 'Band Camp'! I had a mad dash home from the gallery tonight as I had to be in Selby Abbey for 7.30pm to watch and listen to my daughter and her chums show us what they had been practising all week.

Well, all I can say is that she made me very proud! The concert was fantastic and considering that they are only aged upto 16 they sounded like a professional orchestra! Superb!

They had guest performers playing with them for some pieces too! One of these was a percussionist called Simone Robello, who was outstanding and made playing percussion instruments so much fun and made you feel like learning to play!! The other performer was Michael Dodd who played the Euphonium he too was outstanding!!

It was a wonderful evening to end a very good Yorkshire Day however my daughter has just announced that she wants to go away again 'cause band camp was so much fun!

Nice to know she hasn't missed us then!!

No comments: