Monday, March 17, 2008

March Madness!!!

It's been a mad day today!!. My day started off with a trip to the opticians for an eye test. The result is that I need glasses! I was kindly informed by the opthalmologist (big word!) that it's my age!!!

My daughter thinks it is very funny that her dad needs glasses and can't wait to see what style of glasses I choose. She has said that if I pick any that are too nerdy then she will disown me!! Watch this space!!

In the gallery we had a delivery today of yet another stunning Philip Stuttard original (the one that arrived last week was sold the minute I unpacked it).
Please check www.theacorngallery.co.uk for the image.

Diane and I then spent the rest of the day posting out the 50th edition of the Fine Art Collector which is full of the wonderful new pieces that were released at the Spring Fair. If you would like a copy then please do not hesitate to contact us.

I must point out that the Pele collection is going well and also Peter Smith's Naughty Step is proving very popular. Does this mean that modern parents are using the Naughty Step in reality to discipline their children?? In my day it was a good clip around the ear - my how times have changed (probably showing my age here!)

We have had a good start to March with a steady flow of sales. It will be interesting to see how things continue and whether the issue of the Fine Art Collector has any effect on buying patterns. More goodies from the Spring Fair are due into the gallery soon and so with Interest Free Credit available we hope people will not be shy in filling their homes with everything Washington Green!

We are also looking at a few 'adjustments' so we can improve the gallery with even more new artwork and maybe a percolator - nothing like a hot fresh cuppa on a wild and windy day!

Since opening the gallery we are asked on a daily basis about opening upstairs as another gallery area. I have started a poll on this option. It will be interesting to view the results!!

3 comments:

Poshpinkellie said...

Shame not many people voted on your poll! I think you should definitely do upstairs - I for one would be in to have a look!

The Acorn Gallery said...

Many thanks for your kind words and we hope to see you soon in the gallery.

Richard said...

Sorry, missed the poll.
I've been upstairs in the building when it was temporarily a charity shop - tons of space, but bizarre layout and a lot of work for you to do I suppose.
However, I still say yes.