Friday, November 27, 2009

Diane Makes Me Proud:-)

Well Saturday 21st arrived and for the first time in a long while I didn't have to be up to open the gallery as Diane had made me close for the day as it was her Triple Whammy Adrenaline Experience at Magna, Rotherham!

We had to get Diane checked in by 2.30pm ready to start at 3pm and so we all jumped in the car and headed off to Rotherham and arrived an hour earlier than we needed to!



I have to say 'The Abyss' is big!! It is high and very dark inside with large video screens and music playing with the odd body flying through the air as people throw themselves off a gantry 150 feet above us!!!



We stood for a few minutes, watching and then returned to check-in. The queue wasn't huge but it did seem to take ages! At this point I was berated by Emily our daughter wanting to know what I was thinking when I purchased the voucher for the afternoons events!!!

We eventually got to the signing in desk and Diane signed away her right to sue them if anything went wrong! We were then directed back inside and told to head for the zip wire first!!

The kids and I armed with cameras followed Diane and watched her get strapped into the harness for the zip wire. The kids were offered the chance to have a go but they said no as it was her day!



The zip wire was 250 feet long and stretched away into the darkness. The kids and I had trouble making out Diane in the darkness and we almost missed catching her on the camera as she came whizzing down and past us to the landing area!!



Diane thought it was fab and not scarey and told the kids they should do it!  Next it was the abseil... This time with gloves to protect her hands on the rope, she was pointed in the direction of a staircase, a steel tread staircase made up of many flights of stairs!



The abseil was 150 feet free fall no wall to walk down just Diane, the rope and 150 feet of darkness!!



So, back to the harness area for a re-fit with the adrenaline pumping through her, before the power fan! Diane was strapped up again and once more pointed in the direction of the stairs!! It's a good job the power fan was last as this made us all nervous!!

 

All I got was this photo above as Diane came hurtling 150 feet towards the ground!! She was busy screaming but I didn't know if it was fear or excitement!!



As you can see from the photo above she had an amazing time and the kids and I are so proud of her :-)

Diane said she loved it... But the adrenaline has gone! What's next I ask myself?

No comments: