Friday, October 31, 2008

Nerves!!

Well the nerves are building. 'May Contain Nuts' is in the gallery and attracting alot of attention! The walls have been moved and the floor has been swept and washed. All pictures have been dusted and I think we are ready!!

Peter Smith will be in the gallery tomorrow between 12-3pm and so in the morning there are only a few last minute jobs left to do... well, I must get out the drinks and nibbles anyway!

I must also try not to wear a groove in the floor with my pacing and try not to bite my finger nails into nothing!! Not that I'm nervous about Peter's appearance but he is in the Top 10 of Washington Greens best selling artists!!

The truth is I am a little (well maybe alot!) nervous as I have known Peter for a while now, firstly as a collector and now as a gallery owner. I want the day to go well as he will be giving up his Saturday to be with us!!

Diane keeps on telling me that it will go well and everything will be fine but in this time of doom and gloom who can say with confidence that people will come?

The truth will be known by noon tomorrow. Will we be ready? Will we be busy? Will it be a success or a failure?

Check back here for the next exciting instalment... - oh no you don't - get down to the gallery tomorrow and see for yourselves :-)

Just to update you on the top sellers for October - I can reveal that Jeff Rowland has taken top spot! Well done Jeff (I'm sure that Jeffs fabulous new tour and visit to the gallery must have had something to do with it!!).

1. Jeff Rowland
2. Alexander Millar
3. Peter Smith, Bob Barker, Paul Horton

With Peter's new tour 'May Contain Nuts' in the gallery then maybe he will be reclaiming the top spot come the end of November...

No comments: